Roxio Label Creator project files use the JWL extension for making Jewel Case & Disc Labels. Roxio's Label Creator came bundled with version of Easy CD Creator or Easy Media Creator from around version 4 to around version 10. Note the JWL may not compatible with the Express Labeler which uses Sure Thing Software.
- Early JWL files are based on the Microsoft Compound File format. Inside the container is a file called "Contents" which begins with the ascii header "
AJCD" or "
ROXI". With Easy Media Creator 7 files beginning with ascii
ROXI 4.10Files may still be opened with later versions.
- Later JWL files as simple binary files with the hex header "
52004F00 58004900". Possibly starting in Roxio Easy Media Creator 8, as they contain the ascii
R O X I 5 . 0 0.
- ↑ https://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/43837-cant-open-jwl-files/
- ↑ https://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/84886-looking-for-old-pre-101-jwl-files-format/
- ↑ https://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/70615-easy-cd-dvd-jwl-format/
- ↑ https://github.com/digipres/digipres.github.io/blob/master/_sources/registries/trid/triddefs_xml/jwl.trid.xml
- ↑ https://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/107172-backwards-compatibility-with-easy-cd-creator-5/