This category is for formats that always or often consist of more than one file, with each file serving a different purpose. Typically, the files all have the same base filename, but different extensions.
This category is intended to be fairly exclusive, and is not meant to include, for example, the following kinds of formats:
- Formats that define a directory tree layout
- Any format that can consist of a large number of files
- Indexed formats, project files, etc., that refer to related files by name
- Formats whose files are usually read directly from a ZIP file or other container file
- Third-party "sidecar" formats that describe another file, or describe modifications to another file
- Articles about software applications that use multiple formats
Pages in category "Multi-file formats"
The following 26 pages are in this category, out of 26 total.