TADS 3 (Text Adventure Development System) is an Interactive Fiction development system by Michael J. Roberts. Plain text source code files are created using the TADS 3 programming language, and then compiled into a system-independent game file. Compiled game files can be played on any system that has an appropriate interpreter.
TADS 3 is the current version of TADS, and is not compatible with previous versions. See TADS for information on the older system.
- .t: Source code file
- .t3: Compiled game file
- TADS 3 Author's Kit (Windows, freeware, website): the official TADS 3 implementation
- FrobTADS (Unix-like, freeware, website): ports of TADS 2 and TADS 3 compilers for Unix systems (including Mac OSX)
- HTML TADS Interpreter (Windows, freeware, website): the official TADS 2 and TADS 3 interpreter with full multimedia support. Despite the name, it does not run on the web.
- QTads (cross-platform, open source, website): a TADS 2 and TADS 3 interpreter with full multimedia support
- return-to-ditch-day-src.zip: Return to Ditch Day (source code), by Michael J. Roberts
- SquareCircleSrc.zip: Square Circle (source code), by Eric Eve