This section is for formats that define or describe other formats.
The term "schema" may not be perfectly accurate for some of these formats, but let's not nitpick. Another term that could be used is "metaformats", but we're using that for formats that implement other formats, which is a significantly different concept.
List of formats
- BFD (Binary Format Description)
- CSV Dialect Description Format (describes details of features differing between CSV varieties)
- CSV Schema (describes format of CSV file)
- Citation Style Language (describes bibliographic citation formats)
- DFDL (Data Format Description Language)
- DTD (Document Type Definition)
- JSON Table Schema (describes tabular data such as spreadsheets and CSV files)
- Kaitai Struct
- MediaTrace (technical report of file structure as interpreted by MediaArea tools)
- Synalysis grammar file (used by Synalize It! and Hexinator)
- XCEL (part of XCL project)
- XMDP (XHTML Meta Data Profiles)
- XML Schema Definition