Lingoes if a program for reading language dictionaries (AKA glossaries) with an emphasis on translation dictionaries, "often compared" to Babylon. It uses a dictionary format whose versions have the extensions ".lds" and ".ld2". There is a reference to a ".ldx" extension, apparently also used for the ld2 format; this may just be a concise way of referring to both the extensions at once.
As of 2020, the last release of Lingoes was in 2014.
- Lingoes itself
- lingoes-extractor, dumps Lingoes dictionaries to text files
- lingoes-converter, also dumps to text files
- Dictionaries on the Lingoes site, as of writing .ld2 files
- Collins COBUILD Advanced Learner's English Dictionary (Direct link), .lds file
- The Wikipedia page has had some information removed from it over time;  might be the fullest version.
- ↑ Copyright date on bottom of http://lingoes.net/en/translator/download.htm
- ↑ Wikipedia:Lingoes
- ↑ https://github.com/nviet/lingoes-converter
- ↑ http://lingoes.net/en/translator/download.htm
- ↑ Collins COBUILD Advanced Learner's English Dictionary (see #Sample Files)
- ↑ Concise English Dictionary (Direct link)