Game Boy Sound
From Just Solve the File Format Problem
Game Boy Sound (GBS) is an emulated audio file format, similar to SID or NES Sound Format. The files consist of code and data relevant to audio production which has been ripped from a Game Boy or Game Boy Colour ROM image, combined with a header.
- GBS File Specification v1.02
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About GAMEBOY but were afraid to ask - playback of Game Boy Sound files requires emulation of some of the original hardware.
- gbsplay (*nix, open source)
- Audacious (cross-platform, open source)
- Audio Overload (cross-platform)
- Chipamp (bundle of Winamp plugins)
- Kobarin Media Player (Microsoft Windows, Japanese)
- MoonShell (Nintendo DS)
- NEZplug++ (Winamp / Kobarin plugin)
- Noise Entertainment System (iPhone / iPod)