The built-in "Dictionary" program on OS X, which is used to read language dictionaries (AKA glossaries), stores the dictionaries in a proprietary format. These are located under
/Library/Dictionary/, each in a bundle file with extension ".dictionary", and containing several files with extensions ".data" and ".index".
- Reverse engineering Apple Dictionaries
- Official documentation for creating new dictionaries
- Wikipedia:Dictionary (software)
- ↑ Wikipedia:Dictionary (Software) says it was first included with Mac OS 10.4, which was released in 2005
- ↑ https://josephg.com/blog/reverse-engineering-apple-dictionaries/