YouTube is a video streaming service, owned by Google, which allows users to upload videos and view the videos uploaded by others, all at no charge (but sometimes sticks ads on them). It was famously sued by Viacom for huge amounts of money for allegedly being complicit in copyright violations, but seems to be winning.
File formats supported for uploads
- Wikipedia article
- Supported YouTube file formats
- The Wadsworth Constant: axiom that 30% of any video can be safely skipped
- British spies lied about getting super-censorship powers over Youtube
- Conspiracy and an off-by-one error (accuracy of encoding dates embedded in YouTube video data)
- YouTube downloader (in Python)