While not yet fully documented, some information is known about a number of sections of the Voice Sequence format.
Contains information about the application and synthesis engine, with known properties being:
- Version - the version number of the synthesis engine used to create the file
- Name - the name of the track
- Color - the background colour of the track button
This section is currently only known to contain one property, whose function is not currently understood
This section contains information about the attributes of the synthesizer mixer. Known properties are:
- MasterPanpot - dictates how much panning (the balance between left and right stereo channels) should be applied to the master track
- MasterMute - it is assumed that this should mute the entire master track, although this is currently unverified
- Tracks - the number of tracks contained in a given sequence
- Panpot# - as with MasterPanpot, dictates the panning to be applied to a given track. The # is the index (zero-based) of the track to which this property refers
- Mute# - as with MasterMute, it is assumed that this mutes a given track (unverified), with the # again specifying to which track this refers
- Solo# - sets solo mode on a given track. If this is set to 1, all other tracks (except those with this also set to 1) should be muted
This section contains the Vocaloid commands that are being sent. Its properties consist of a list of numbers corresponding to times at which events should be issued, each of which is assigned a value in the form ID#XXXX, where XXXX is the zero-based index of a given event group.
These sections contain information about Vocaloid commands, with the properties varying depending on the value of the Type property. Known types and properties are:
- IconHandle - a reference to a further section containing more information on the specified singer
- Length - the length of a note (the unit for this is currently unknown)
- Note# - the number of a given note (integer values and how they correspond to musical notes are currently unknown)
- PMBendDepth - portamento bend depth, i.e. the amount by which to pitch-bend the current note
- PMBendLength - portamento bend length, i.e. the length of a pitch-bend for the current note
- DEMaccent - apparently refers to the accent value of the Note Expression property, although none of these terms are explained anywhere else (presumably refers to [| musical accents] in some way)
- LyricHandle - a reference to a further section containing more information on the lyric properties of the current note
- VibratoHandle - a reference to a further section containing more information on the vibrato properties of the current note
These sections contain information referenced from other properties (the various XXXXHandle properties).
- IconID - contains the unique ID of the current singer
- IDS - the name given to the current singer ("Miku", for example)
- Original - the original MIDI Program Change command issued to the current singer
- Program - the current MIDI Program Change command issued to the current singer
- L0 - this is a comma-separated list of five values, not all of which are known. What is currently known is that the first value is the lyric and the second the phoneme.
- IDS - as with IconHandle above, this is the name given to the current vibrato setting ("normal", for example)
- Length - the length of the vibrato
- StartDepth - the starting vibrato depth
- StartRate - the starting vibrato rate