- This is about the printer command language; for the unrelated TOPS-20 PCL see Programmable Command Language.
PCL (Printer Command Language) is a popular page description language used to control printers. It was developed by Hewlett-Packard.
PCL is often claimed to stand for Printer Control Language, but that appears to be incorrect.
The HP Paintjet apparently has a bitmap graphic format connected in some way to PCL.
- PCL 5 Technical Quick Reference Guide
- PCL 5 Technical Reference Manual Part 1
- PCL 5 Technical Reference Manual Part 2
- PCL Color Technical Reference Manual