- Not to be confused with Misfit Model 3D.
- For MilkShape's ASCII-based model format, see MilkShape ASCII.
A MilkShape model (alternatively, a MilkShape 3d model) is a file of the project format of MilkShape 3D, a Windows program for editing 3D model files of many video games that came out between 1998 and around 2007, at which point development effectively ended. It holds skeleton and animation data in addition to mesh data.
MS3D files have the extension ".ms3d". They have the magic number
4D 53 33 44, "MS3D" in ASCII.
- ↑ Date of earliest source files in https://web.archive.org/web/20010407202114/http://milkshape3d.com/files/MsViewer.zip (listed in https://web.archive.org/web/20010407202114/http://milkshape3d.com/ms3d/download.html)
- ↑ http://www.digital-skills.co.uk/samples/milksample.pdf, page 52 (6 of PDF)
- ↑ Release of Half-Life, which, according to http://milkshape3d.com/, is the starting application of the program
- ↑ Update lists on http://milkshape3d.com/ show that this was effectively the last year of development