IBM Writing Assistant
IBM Writing Assistant was a mid-1980s word processor released by IBM for their PC. It was common enough in that era to be on various lists of supported word processing formats that can still be found online, and some commercial outfits offer services converting such files to more modern formats, but specific information on the format details is hard to find. A Windows file viewing program, Quick View Plus, can read (but not write) this format, and can be used to convert the files.
- Quick View Plus: converting DOS word-processing files to Windows
- Quick View Plus download (commercial, with trial period)
- IBM Writing Assistant 1.01 screen shots
- IBM Writing Assistant 1.0 download (copy-protected disk image; registration required)
- IBM Writing Assistant 1.01 download (copy-protected disk image; registration required)