From Just Solve the File Format Problem
FSecure is a digital signature and tamper protection system developed by PaceSoft.
It is presumably unrelated to F-Secure corporation, which didn't use that name until 1999.
Signatures can be validated using a DOS utility named FileTest.
See also SDN (SDN Project).
Little is known about the format, but it appears to work by appending some (256?) bytes to the end of the file.
- FileTest v1.00 (1992-09)
- FileTest v1.02
- FileTest v1.03: DP TOOL CLUB CD ASCQ → CD_ASCQ_14_0694.iso → VRAC/FTST103.ZIP
- SDNSeal Test v1.03 (a.k.a. SDNTest -- a special version of FileTest)
- FILETST1.ZIP → FILETEST.EXE
- See SDN (SDN Project)#Sample files, ARJ format.
- fido1004.txt → "SDN Changing Compression and Security" - Some announcements about using FSecure and FileTest with SDN/ARJ files.