From Just Solve the File Format Problem
- This article is about the Intel DVI graphic/video/audio format; see DVI (Device Independent File Format) for TeX DVI. It is also unrelated to the Digital Visual Interface digital video cables.
DVI (Intel DVI, Digital Video Interactive) is an image, video, and audio file format created by Intel in conjunction with multimedia hardware of their design.
DVI files come in a number of different extensions depending on their contents.
For image files
- .IMR Red channel
- .IMG Green channel
- .IMB Blue channel
- .IMY Y luminance channel
- .IMI I color channel
- .IMQ Q color channel
- .IMM Monochrome or gray scale
- .IMA Alpha channel
- .IMC Color map
- .I8 Device-dependent data
- .I16 Device-dependent uncompressed 16-bit data
- .CMY Y luminance channel (compressed 8-bit)
- .CMI I color channel (compressed 8-bit)
- .CMQ Q color channel (compressed 8-bit)
- .C16 Device-dependent data (compressed 16-bit)