Cre8or is a computer game creation program, written by Keith Tabert, AKA "Kappax" (alternatively "Kappa"), that is centered around use of resources from the 3d modeling program Anim8or. It uses a project format with the extension ".cr8", is an XML-based format. Files of this kind do not seem to be strictly correct XML, however, as many contain unescaped sections of special-character-containing text and binary data. Cr8 files may embed the Anim8or project (.an8) file, or they may reference an external one; however, the editor warns that distribution of games is difficult if not embedded.
Cre8or may use Squirrel scripts.
Creator was released in 2007 and last updated in 2009. A "cooldude234" apparently made an effort to "remake" it, which seems to have lasted from 2011 to 2016, when the "first public release" was still forthcoming.
Cre8or files have a root element with the name "Project".
- Website (archived)
- Attempt at a third-party wiki
- Forum post: Cre8tor [sic] (2017)
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20071106100319/http://www.cre8or3d.com/downloads.php
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 http://www.anim8or.com/smf/index.php/topic,4041.0.html
- ↑ E.g. Samples/physics2_ramp.cr8 and Samples/boxman_2.cr8, respectively, in the 0.075a release
- ↑ V. 0.075a, tooltip in project setting
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20071107062911/http://www.cre8or3d.com/index.php
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20081015031209/http://www.cre8or3d.com/downloads.php vs. https://web.archive.org/web/20090305080929/http://www.cre8or3d.com/downloads.php, the latter continuing to be the state of the "Downloads" page until the Cre8or site was shut down
- ↑ http://www.anim8or.com/smf/index.php/topic,4041.msg40341.html#msg40341