Connected Media Experience
Connected Media Experience (CME, originally known as CMX) is a (presumably defunct) digital music album format. It was developed by a consortium of the same name, set up by a group of big media companies: Sony, Warner, Universal, and EMI.
Apple refused to adopt the format, and instead developed their competing iTunes LP format.
- CME website (from archive.org)
- Archived Wikipedia article
- The Times: Sony, Warner, Universal and EMI to launch CMX album download format (from archive.org)
- PC Magazine: 'CMX' Music Format to Take on MP3, Apple
- Engadget: Major labels show eagerness to fail with new CMX digital audio format
- Gizmodo: The Album Is Dead and Your Stupid CMX Format Won't Bring It Back, Record Labels