The CD (Compact Disc) is a popular medium for recorded sound as well as computer data. It is a laser-read optical disc. Discs of the same size were later used for the DVD and Blu-ray Disc formats, allowing the same player to support all of these formats.
- CD-DA (Compact Disc Digital Audio or Red Book)
- CD-ROM (Yellow Book)
- DD-CD (Double-density Compact Disc)
- Enhanced CD
- Photo CD (Beige Book)
- CD-i (Green Book)
- SACD (Super Audio CD or Scarlet Book)
- VCD (Video CD or White Book)
- ForensicsWiki:Disk Imaging
- CD imaging notes + sample tool output by User:Johanvanderknijff
- Developing a Robust Migration Workflow for Preserving and Curating Hand-held Media html, pdf pre-print.
- SPRUCE/OPF Audio CD Preservation