From Just Solve the File Format Problem
- For the successor format, see BootSkin Vista.
- a 640x480, 4-bit color BMP image to be displayed at startup;
- another BMP image, 22x9 pixels, 4-bit color, to be displayed as the progress bar;
- a file in the INI format called "bootskin.ini" containing metadata.
- Homepage, combined with BootSkin Vista
- Skins on "Skinbase" (run by the same company that makes the software)
- Combined Wikipedia page for both BootSkin versions
- ↑ Date of https://web.archive.org/web/20031118175952/http://www.stardock.com/products/bootskin/
- ↑ https://forums.wincustomize.com/97764/bootskin-tutorial
- ↑ Difference between https://web.archive.org/web/20080512170426/http://www.stardock.com/products/bootskin/downloads.asp and https://web.archive.org/web/20081205142104/http://www.stardock.com/products/bootskin/downloads.asp