Life 1.05 is a format for storing patterns of cellular automata. It seems to have originated as the native format of version 1.05 of Alan Hensel's program "Life" (an implementation of the game of Life created by mathematician John Horton Conway in 1970), presumably some time in the early 1990s. In this capacity, it was followed by Life 1.06.
- ↑ http://www.mindspring.com/~alanh/lifep.zip
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 https://www.conwaylife.com/wiki/Life_1.05
- ↑ /http://www.radicaleye.com/lifepage/#myres; the format is referred to "Hensel's format", and the the link to Hensel's software gives a program called "LIFE 1.06", aligning with Life 1.06
- ↑ Dates of files in the download of Hensel's program
- ↑ https://www.conwaylife.com/wiki/Life_1.05