Windows Media Playlist
From Just Solve the File Format Problem
The Windows Media Playlist format stores playlist information in versions 9-12 of Windows Media Player, which stretches from late versions of Windows 98 to Windows Vista (after which Windows Media Player itself was discontinued), but mostly overlaps with the widely-used Windows XP. Windows Media Playlists are based on the SMIL standard, which is itself based on XML.
See also M3U and ASX, which Windows Media Player could write and perhaps read.
- Windows Media Player, included with the relevant Windows copies
- The "Windows Media Playlist Generator" by Brad Huggins
- A copy is at a freeware aggregator; see  for a permanent link
- Use Windows Media Player to create the perfect playlist for every occasion
- How to Create Playlists in Windows Media Player 12
Also see the references.
- ↑ Wikipedia:Windows Media Player Playlist
- ↑ https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/190990/how-to-determine-the-version-of-windows-media-player
- ↑ Wikipedia:Windows Media Player see lede
- ↑ https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/media/web-playlists/using-windows-media-player-playlist-files-in-web-playlists → Saving WPL Playlist Files as ASX Playlist Files in Windows Media Player → Step 3 → Screenshot