From Just Solve the File Format Problem
Wax is a Windows video compositor/editor written by Satish Sampath (A.K.A. S. Satish Kumar, also using the pseudo-corporation "Debugmode"), apparently previously called "Beaver" early in its development. Wax can be used as a plugin for Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere, or EditStudio in addition to as a standalone program.
"Beaver" appeared June 2002, and the last version of Wax was published July 2005.
A regular Wax project has the extension ".wxp". When used as a preset (reusable template), it has the extension ".wxpr".
Wax projects have begin with the ASCII text
[ Wax generated project. Do not edit manually!! ].
- Winmorph (same author)
- Wink (same author)
- Sony Vegas
- Adobe Premiere
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 https://web.archive.org/web/20020602203542/http://www.debugmode.com/
- ↑ https://www.debugmode.com/
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20011116202805/http://www.debugmode.com/
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20020704221142/http://www.debugmode.com/beaver/ shows "Beaver" to be largely identical to Wax, and Wax replaced beaver on the otherwise-unaltered homepage ( vs )
- ↑ Selection from the version 2.0e installation "wizard"
- ↑ http://www.videohelp.com/~debugmode/wax20e.zip (official download link)