A Sorenson video codec has been built into Quicktime products since Quicktime 3.0. However, Sorenson has developed more than one proprietary codec, certainly Version 1 and Version 3. A September 2012 statement in a product forum hosted by Sorenson Media also mentions "Sorenson H.264" and "Sorenson MPEG4 pro" which presumably relate to bitstreams in open standard forms generated by Sorenson software.
- Wikipedia : Sorenson codec
- Multimediawiki : Sorenson Video 1
- Multimediawiki : Sorenson Video 3
- Sorenson Video QuickTime codec 1998 brochure from developer.
- Codec Central : Sorenson Video Content appears to date from 1998.
- Sorenson Video Codec, version 3, from Library of Congress resource on Sustainability of Digital Formats