Ruby is a programming language often used for web applications, particularly with the framework Ruby On Rails that is built on it. Its syntax has influences from Perl, LISP, and other languages. It supposedly follows the "Principle of Least Astonishment" in its manner of having various constructs work in the way its users would expect, though this always depends on which users' expectations are being met.
- Ruby (Wikipedia)
- Ruby on Rails (Wikipedia)
- Official Ruby website
- Ruby dramas
- Why Ruby?
- amatch Ruby library for string matching
- Semantic versioning after 2.1.0
- Ruby Turns 21: 5 Major Milestones Of The Programming Language
- Learn Ruby the Hard Way (free online book)
- Open-sourcing Sorbet: a fast, powerful type checker for Ruby