OpenDocument, also known as Open Document Format for Office Applications or ODF, is a family of file formats designed to be used by word processors, spreadsheet applications, and other office applications. These formats were developed by a group called OASIS, so they are sometimes referred to as "OASIS format" or "OASIS Open Document Format".
|Global Text Document||application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-master||.odm|
In most cases, OpenDocument files begin with the ASCII string "
PK", have "
mimetype" at offset 30, and "
application/vnd.oasis.opendocument." at offset 38.
- Wikipedia: OpenDocument software
- Wikipedia: Comparison of OpenDocument software
- libodfgen library
- ODF Toolkit (Java) including:
ODF version support over time
|ODF version||Date of standard approval by OASIS||First supporting version of the software|
|ODF 1.0||2005-05-01||OpenOffice.org 1.1.5 or StarOffice 7|
|ODF 1.1||2007-02-02||OpenOffice.org 2.2 or StarOffice 8 Update 4|
|ODF 1.2||2011-09-30||OpenOffice.org 3, StarOffice 9, Oracle Open Office|
|ODF 1.2 (Extended)||-||OpenOffice.org 3.2 or StarOffice 9.2|
Taken from - XML File Formats.
- Wikipedia: OpenDocument
- Wikipedia: OpenDocument technical specification
- OpenDoc Society: opendocumentformat.org
- Forensic Wiki article
- LibreOffice vs OpenOffice: Comparative review
- UK picks Open Document Format for all government files
- Discussion of embedding fonts in ODF documents