From Just Solve the File Format Problem
- For another "IPF" format, see IPF (OS/2).
The Software Preservation Society (SoftPres, formerly known as CAPS, the Classical Amiga Preservation Society) have created their own (proprietary) hardware for dumping any kind of floppy disk from a standard PC floppy drive connected to the KryoFlux board. IPF (Interchangeable Preservation Format) is their (closed) binary format, which stores raw hardware flux transition timings and is thus able to contain (almost) any encoding, sector format and copy protection that can be found in the wild.
The documentation implies that IPF files start with "
0x00 0x00 0x00 0x0c.
- SoftPres homepage
- Download of a (closed-source) library for reading IPF files here
- MESS implementation of an IPF reader library
- official IPF decoder source code here
- Keir's documentation on the IPF format here (part of his Disk Utilities software)
- IPF Documentation