From Just Solve the File Format Problem
Revision as of 11:32, 2 January 2021 by SJK
- Not to be confused with HFS (IBM), a distinct IBM mainframe filesystem with the same name.
HFS (Hierarchical File System), also known as Mac OS Standard format, is the native filesystem format of Apple's classic Mac OS operating system. It is the predecessor of HFS+.
The ASCII characters "
BD" appear at offset 1024.
- Supported natively by classic Mac OS, OS X, macOS (read-only in newer versions).
- The Linux kernel optionally supports HFS (read+write).
- 7-Zip [Ed. note: Claims to support HFS, but we've had no luck with it.]
- https://archive.org/details/cdrom-golden-orchard-12 → GoldenOrchard1.2.iso (APM format) → Golden Orchard.hfs