Electronic Publishing formats
From Just Solve the File Format Problem
Revision as of 12:18, 5 May 2017 by Dan Tobias
Formats specific to the storage and transmission of publications in electronic form.
Journals, magazines, newspapers, articles, etc.
- Digital Replica Plus
- Journal Article Tag Suite (JATS / NLM)
- News Industry Text Format
- ScienceServer XML format
Scanned or archived book formats
Naming and numbering systems for identifying published material.
- Innovations in Scholarly Publishing - One of the biggest bottlenecks in Open Access publishing is typesetting. It shouldn't be.
- DeDRM plugin for calibre: the simplest option for removing DRM from most ebooks
- You don't own your Kindle books, Amazon reminds customer
- Even Amazon can't keep up the "you only license ebooks" shuck
- How a Man in Austria Used Legos to Hack Amazon’s Kindle E-Book Security
- Adobe is apparently introducing new "hardened" e-book DRM that will break compatibility with older readers
- Another article on Adobe DRM move
- libebook: library to read various e-book formats
- The fight to save endangered ebooks
- Library of Congress Recommended Format Specifications: Textual Works
- Readers absorb less on Kindles than on paper, study finds
- Michael Kelley: How Libraries Preserve E-books
- Adobe is Spying on Users, Collecting Data on Their eBook Libraries
- Correcting Misinformation on the Adobe Privacy Gusher
- War and Peace ebook readers find a surprise in its Nooks
- Getting a full PDF from a DRM-encumbered online textbook
- Removing DRM from e-books
- How to Read an e-book…From 1991
- Valid, but not accessible EPUB: crazy fixed layouts
- File format assessment: eBook Summary (British Library)