Electronic Publishing formats
From Just Solve the File Format Problem
Revision as of 12:18, 16 September 2014 by Dan Tobias
Formats specific to the storage and transmission of publications in electronic form.
Naming and numbering systems for identifying published material.
- Innovations in Scholarly Publishing - One of the biggest bottlenecks in Open Access publishing is typesetting. It shouldn't be.
- DeDRM plugin for calibre: the simplest option for removing DRM from most ebooks
- You don't own your Kindle books, Amazon reminds customer
- Even Amazon can't keep up the "you only license ebooks" shuck
- How a Man in Austria Used Legos to Hack Amazon’s Kindle E-Book Security
- Adobe is apparently introducing new "hardened" e-book DRM that will break compatibility with older readers
- Another article on Adobe DRM move
- libebook: library to read various e-book formats
- The fight to save endangered ebooks
- Library of Congress Recommended Format Specifications: Textual Works
- Readers absorb less on Kindles than on paper, study finds