Eazel was a Windows compression program. It advertised support for its own format, with the extension ".eaz", which it heavily implied to be proprietary; however, this is actually just ZIP, or, at any rate, a variant thereof which seems to be functionally indistinguishable when reading. At some point before version 3.01 (date unknown), "EAZ" was dropped, and the program itself seems to have become a frontend for 7-Zip (more likely is that this occurred upon the introduction of versions 2.0 or 3.0, in 2010-2011 or 2012, respectively; however, no working copies of these seems to be available online); Eazel itself entirely stopped being updated in 2014.
Eazel is capable of producing and opening self-extracting archives.
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20060225012520/http://www.eazel.com/en/descarga.php is the download page for v. 1.0, and has a copyright year of 2005
- ↑ https://eazel.en.uptodown.com/windows/download
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20111027233048/http://eazel.info/descarga.html
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20121110233613/http://eazel.info/descarga.html
- ↑ E.g. https://web.archive.org/web/20190630153721/http://www.eazel.info/ - note the copyright date at the bottom