Cakewalk Instrument Definition File
From Just Solve the File Format Problem
Revision as of 19:04, 16 August 2020 by Dan Tobias (Talk | contribs)
The Cakewalk Instrument Definition File was used by the Cakewalk audio software to provide settings for specific musical hardware. It is an obsolete format no longer supported.
It is made up of plain text lines. Comment lines begin with
;. There is usually a comment line that identifies the file format, like
; Cakewalk Instrument Definition File.
Other Cakewalk file formats:
- Cakewalk Bundle (BUN) (.bun)
- Cakewalk Bundle (CWB) (.cwb)
- Cakewalk Dump Request Macro (.drm)
- Cakewalk Project (CWP) (.cwp)
- Cakewalk Project (WRK) (.wrk)
- Cakewalk Sample Definition File (.sfz)
- Some are downloadable here.