Apple Partition Map
Apple Partition Map (APM) is a format that describes the partition layout of a disk. When in the form of a disk image file, it can be thought of as a container format for multiple filesystem image files. Can be found in DMG and Roxio TOAST images.
Files using APM generally begin with hex values
4552 follow by
0200 for standard 512 block size and
0800 for 2048 block size.
The ASCII characters "PM" appear at offset 512, and (usually?) also at offset 1024. They may also appear at larger multiples of 512. Also found in multiples of 2048.
- 7-Zip [Ed. note: Seems unreliable. Supports GoldenOrchard1.2.iso but not GoldenOrchard1.0.iso.]
- Supported natively by some Apple Macintosh operating systems.
- https://archive.org/details/cdrom-golden-orchard-10 → GoldenOrchard1.0.iso
- https://archive.org/details/cdrom-golden-orchard-12 → GoldenOrchard1.2.iso
- iWork install DVD in Toast format